E&M Branch is situated in the premises of Cantonment Board Office.
Drinking water supply is being provided through 11 tube wells, 3 OHSRs and 6 standby generator sets to meet the essential services of drinking water supply. There are 3700 private connections and 80 public stand posts. The water supply is 27 gallons per capita per day as per following timings:
- Morning: 06.00 A.M. to 09.00 A.M.
- Noon: 12:30 Noon to 01.30 P.M.
- Evening: 05.30 P.M. to 6.30 P.M.
How to apply for a New Connection
Application is to be submitted in the standard format available with the office on payment of Rs.10/-.
Time of processing the application:
15 days from the date of application
Whom to contact in case of delay:
After 15 days to 20 days after the submission of application, the Tax Superintendent/Cantt Overseer (B&R) & (E&M) of Cantonment Board may be contacted. Beyond 20 days of delay, the Chief Executive Officer may be contacted.
There are 489 SVL points, 148 tube light points, 12 Mercury vapour lamps and 14 tubular poles (11 meter long) having 4 erected semi high mast lights on each tubular pole.
Complaints may be forwarded to the Cantt Overseer (E&M), Cantt Board regarding non supply of water, leakage in supply line, contaminated water and defective street light etc. on all working days from 10.00 A.M. to 04.00 P.M.
Citizens are urged to adhere to the following:
- Citizens should replace old rusted leaking service line linked to Cantonment Board Main lines to avoid leakage/contamination.
- Service pipe lines should be laid so as not to interfere with drainage and sewerage lines to avoid contamination.
- Overhead/underground tanks should be properly maintained.
- Treated water should not be used for washing of animals, vehicles, business fountain, swimming pools, construction, repair works of any kind, farming etc.